A good thing happened in my very small part of the world today.
My second feature film, Zorg and Andy, got added to the International Movie Database, making my credits a total of two.
This is a very good thing in the world of struggling actors - the more credits, the better.
:)
The addition of that project to my filmography also upped my 'starmeter' by 45% this week. I know how it sounds.."starmeter" I rolled my eyes too. But it's actually a valuable tool which uses different factors to rank every actor in the database. As you move up the scale(I'm in the 140,000 range), you're more likely to garner the attention of those who can hire you for better jobs.
So my IMDB page has a teeny, tiny bit more street cred now. And that makes me feel optimistic about the coming year as an actress.
Also, Daniel helped me record some voiceover demos for an audio books agency. I'd love to get some gigs narrating - getting paid to read and develop my acting chops at the same time sounds pretty dreamy.
Also, money is tight for the creatives at the Rudd house - every income stream, no matter how small, will help us right now.
The first week of school was a smashing success for all.
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Congrats Katie! Not really sure what any of that actress stuff means, but I could sure give you an enema if you needed it.
Glad to have such talented, creative friends. Keep it up!
good news is always good to receive, no matter how small it may seem.
I am happy for you and am excited to hear what new opportunities lay ahead for you.
Post a Comment