Monday, December 11, 2006

The following words are not mine - I stole them from a comment my Mom left on Cousin Elizabeth's blog.
.......................................................................................

Ginger isn't real impressed with winter. She played outside Saturday, reluctantly, for about 10 minutes. When we came inside, she was crying and asking for bandaids for her fingers: "They hurt!!! I need bandaids!!"
Sunday she woke up and asked me if winter was all over now...I said " Oh, honey, it's just getting started." She crawled under the kitchen table and cried. I lured her out by telling her there are places where it never snows and she can live wherever she wants when she grows up. She wants to go live with Dora, Diego and Alicia.
Willow says she has decided she doesn't want to be just one thing when she grows up, but "lots of things: a book maker, a movie maker, a swim teacher, a firefighter and a road builder. Maybe more." I asked her if she thought about being an artist, and she said "I'm not going to be an artist, I am an artist."


.......................................................


The girls and I had a fabulous day together(my words now). Tons of laughter, inventing car games, shopping for gifts(without exhaustion and frustration!), and hours of fun at Chuck E. Cheese's(yes, folks: my love for W & G is such that I am able to have FUN with them even in that place..even with that permeating unidentifiable odor..even with the seven foot mechanical mouse{shiver}). Tomorrow night we're decorating the house for Christmas. We'll be joined by Elvis, Bing, and Louie. And possibly the Grinch. No word yet on whether Nat or Frank will make an appearance.


7 comments:

mar-mar said...

its 2am and finals week and i am working on video projects that are due tomorrow...
love you

Anonymous said...

hello, friend.

Anonymous said...

oh yay. i finally got it to take a post!

I have tried for months to comment here. Finally it accepted an "Anonymous"comment. Since I tend to be a little paranoid, I thought I was blocked.

Katie, I have tried to leave you uplifting, atta girl comments. But I think you know that I think that anyway.

Such delights your girls are. Such a delight you are to God and everyone.

Merry Christmas, KatieRose.

Sally

Kate Rudd said...

Merry Christams, Sally!! :)
I don't know why the comments weren't working for some of you - but I am so glad they're working again. I just realized yesterday that I still have your old link on my page, instead of your current one. The girls were playing their recorders the other day - thanks again for bringing more music into our home!

Mary, I left a comment at your blog, and now I can't remember what I wrote..love you!

mar-mar said...

i'm coming home tomorrow!!!! so excited...officially done-the floor is basically empty, finals done, projects turned in and i'm going out to a soup restaurant with some girls, watching episodes of the office, some movies, and listening to kenall payne's new cd...
i'll be home until the 1st-but after christmas life gets crazy, so we should try to hook up before then.
i love you

mar-mar said...

so, i thought it would be fun to comment on your blog a lot...just because it is fun to have lots of comments

Anonymous said...

Ruth just had her birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's on Tuesday. it is quite a creepy place..those strange videos and the smell of children's feet and cheese. but Christine and i had a good time. we even bumped the high score of the hammerhead shark game from 34 to 52. we were so proud. it was nice seeing you yesterday. : ))