For the past long while, the buzzer has been broken, causing it to buzz longer than it should at the end of each cycle. Minutes, hours, days if you left it alone..
In keeping with our family's 'adapt and move on' mentality, we did not call a repairperson. Rather, we began unplugging it to make the grating sound stop.
Sunday morning, I leaned behind the dryer with my hand on the settings knob, and my shoulder brushing the furnace. With my free hand I pushed the plug into the electrical socket and..
Blue ribbons of electricity leapt from the outlet *AND* the settings knob where my other hand was. I felt the knob crackling under my fingers, and got a nice big shock before I was able to let go. Apparently I make a better conduit for electricity than the actual cord(I didn't touch the metal prongs. I have no idea what happened.)
I walked it off, felt something akin to a caffeine buzz for a few hours, and went to work.
...................
In other news, this morning after nearing the point of death in my first - ever spin class..
I walked out into the parking lot, approached my mom's tan truck(which I had borrowed), opened the door and prepared to toss my backpack into the carseat on the passenger side..
..except..
Where the carseat should have been sat a big, clearly bewildered black lab.
We were both very surprised to see one another.
It turns out, it was the dog's truck. Mine was parked on the other side of the lot.
I laughed so hard I could hardly make it to the correct vehicle.
....................
In retrospect, do you think these two events could be related? hmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
ha ha ha! that part about the dog had me cracking up!
Katie,
I love your new profile picture! Beautiful!
Scott and I were reading through your post together and he thought the dryer experience would make a good scene for a show. His words "She's got some good stories there"
I thought the dog thing was hilarious too. I laughed right out loud.
btw I am so glad you met Jess!!!!
did you see lady in the water yet?...loved it
things are going well...a little chaotic, no, actually a lot chaotic...miss you:)
I love the image i have of you with your hair still kind of wildly frazzled upward in an electric-punk style, your eyes a little crossed....
....absently unaware of how that buzz had turned you into a bit of a hair dryer zombie to the bemusement of the entire spinning class...
...not really truly waking up until you happened to bump into the dog-who-had-shape-shifted-from-a-car-seat...
I think I might write a second act where you realize the dog is actually a kind of fated-spirit-guide-type and you decide to trade trucks and in order to find out where the dog takes you.
I haven't hit on the next part, maybe the hairdryer incident imbues you with superpowers?
or maybe you should just let me know when inspiration / electricity strikes again.
(great post! i laughed and laughed...)
Post a Comment