I want my life to leave an imprint of hope and love and imagining on mankind. I want the effect to be bigger than my life itself, and to last until the Maker comes back to make all the broken things right.
I want to leverage life's possibilites to make humanity better. I want my daughters to exceed me in every way.
The(partial) plan: To move to LA and get into a two year acting program. When that's done, to study more. And more. To become a vibrant part of the Mosaic community. To get a hole-in-the-wall apartment and a car that runs. To find a fantastic school for my girls. To make enough money doing what I love to be able to take care of my daughters and keep doing what I love. To develop real friendships and genuine love for the city.
The bigger plan: To go as deeply into this one craft as a human can. To learn to maximize the moments I have left on this planet.
To live with absolute fullness.
The problem: I know exactly what I want to do with my life and have no practical means to get there. I am going through a divorce. I have no moolah. Don't do well with cars - they keep breaking until there are no more to break. Car-less. Zero funds.
The bigger problem: It would be much, much, much easier to give up. But I refuse to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
this post resinated so much with me. I too desire to leave an imprint of hope and love on mankind and I have so many dreams of what that could look like, but the dreams seem so far off and so hard to get there.
I never want to let those go though, I have just been learning in the past few weeks to do small things, even if it is just research or somthing, but just moving toward those dreams. I know you have been doing that for quite sometime. Keep pursuing those dreams my friend, they WILL happen. God has given them to you. If there is anyway we can ever help you, know that we WILL, most definitely.
hi katie,
it's so good to hear from you. i pray that your goal of coming to LA happens for you. you will find, in mosaic, a community that will embrace you. let me know also how i can help. please keep me posted.
Post a Comment