Saturday, April 08, 2006

very small.

I walked to the lake today.
The sun was high in the sky, and so was the moon. I love it when that happens..
As I walked along the beach, a cold, persistent wind pushed me from behind. It was so strong and constant, I could actually lean back into it quite far without falling.
Through the whipping strands of my hair I watched the ground in front of me. The top layer of the beach was being lifted, carried, sifted...rushing along at the wind's insistence. I felt like one of those small grains of sand, and forgot that I was cold...it was just..movement.
Forward.
Just grateful to be a tiny grain of sand in all that beauty.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee hee...

Kate Rudd said...

Jerry,
Thank you so much for your kind comment. I have read your blog, and seen the gift you have for creative writing. I wish I could take credit for helping to nourish your way with words..but..
In 1994 I was a bandgeek at Oakridge High School.
I think you probably meant to leave this comment on Andrew or Lynn's blog? Thanks, though - you did make me smile! :)