Friday, February 24, 2006

I just realized that I haven't written in days - this has been a busy week. I have been immersed in the script for the film I'm doing in March, and trying to make preparations for the girls while I'm gone. This site will probably be silent for much of the time between March 4th and 16th, since I'll be staying in Indiana with limited Internet access...but I'll be back with a lot to say!

I feel so happy about getting the chance to work again, doing what I love. It's been a couple of months, and getting this film was a gift. Acting is good for me because it's scary(beforehand during the preparation more than during the actual performance), and challenges the areas of my insecurities and inhibitions..it feels good to practice being scared of something and still seeing it through to completion. I am so inexperienced, I'm bound to make a fool of myself sometimes...but that's o.k. with me.

I'll just never quit. Acting, telling stories, living out empathy, is the thing I will never quit. I know I'm not that great at it yet, and I'm not choosing an easy road, but I know it's right. It's what I will do. And I have everything inside of me that every great actor has ever had. I'll spend the rest of my life learning to use it. Besides following Christ and being a mother, nothing stirs greater passion in me.

What's the thing you'll never quit?



No comments: