Friday, September 12, 2008

A slug and a praying mantis walk into a yard sale..

..you know the punchline.

(or, at least, your guess is as good as mine.)


Somehow during the rainstorm this early morning, a slug gained entry through our closed back door. I found it wandering slowly across the cool ceramic tile, looking bewildered(as slugs often do).

Naturally, I put our slimy visitor into a small lunchbox tupperware container with some wet leaves from a rose stem and sent it to school with Willow(our resident slug lover) so that she could show her teacher and release it outside there.

We're having a yard sale September 27th. I placed an ad in the paper, which means I cannot forget to have a yard sale September 27th. I resolve to remember. I LOVE getting rid of things.

Twice this morning Daniel has made me laugh so hard that my neck and chest hurt. I married someone funny.

About an hour ago he was surprised to be sharing desk space with a praying mantis. Being as easily distracted as we are, this entertaining friend allowed us to neglect our respective tasks for a solid 20 minutes.




I'm feeling kind of mean-funny today. Very caustic. The sarcasm of my ancestors flows through my veins. Poor husband. He's in for it.

:)

3 comments:

Daniel Rudd said...

a courtesy comment for the simple purpose of noting that there is a difference between *feeling* funny and *being* funny

mar-mar said...

i hate slugs!! ewwww. don't let willow touch it. it might eat her when you aren't looking.

i think my houston friends will be good about evacuating, but i'm glad the wedding isn't this week-end.

on a lighter note, i have one dreadlock in my hair..with beads. kind of like a hair wrap (remember those?) it can be hidden if i want (back right, kind of underneath.) i can cut it out if i don't like it without appearing bald,,,,or i can add more if i love it!

Jamie said...

I wasn't aware that praying mantis' could speak English (oh, wait, AND have an accent?!) That is awesome. I'm glad you could spend 20 minutes of your day speaking to/with/for an insect. I love it.