Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday Morning at the Big Blue House

Last night I got home after the closing festival celebration absolutely exhausted. I was greeted by a quiet house and wildflowers in a mason jar with a note from my favorite man.

I took a shower(because it is *always* better to go to bed a little more tired than it is to go to bed wearing grime from a long day's work) and checked on four peaceful, sleeping children..

I was out as soon as my head hit the pillow at 3:09am.

Now it's 8:52am, and for the past 30 minutes Daniel has been manning the 'Trumpet Area" in our living room as the kids take turns trying their skill on the unwieldy instrument.

It's been fun to watch them all try so earnestly to elicit a noise, and their embarrassed delight at the resulting squawks like so many baby elephants.

I had a wonderful(though tiring) festival weekend, but missed these five people *very* much, and I am so happy to be spending this Monday morning surrounded by the happy chaos of our home.

Soon we'll pack it up and go looking for a park to swarm or a pool to swim in.

More about the Festival to come soon..

1 comment:

Tara Petty said...

Glad to hear you had a great time at the festival.

Did you get to see the movie that you were hoping to find time to see?

One day you should pack it up and head our way. We miss you all.