I have wanted to post something almost every day in recent weeks, but invariably become distracted before doing anything about it.
So, I wish that you could have been there to see:
~The view from the tower at the top of the Grand Hotel on our honeymoon..the tower that we had to ourselves for a moonlit songwriting session with the beautiful white piano and the Bridge twinkling on the water..
~Ginger and Willow wearing their beautiful wedding ballerina skirts, twirling in hazy beams of sunlight at the old piano factory..
~the happy chaos of our home as our family of six filled the previously vacant spaces..
and so many more moments which have crowded together lately, creating blurred-around-the-edges memories in a string of happy days and weeks..with the promise of many more ahead.
I've always told the girls that you don't have to choose between the people you love. That your heart can grow to allow more people in without pushing anyone out.
My heart was already so full of love for Willow and Ginger, but letting it expand to encompass Isaac and Will happened more naturally, rapidly, and completely than I could have expected. It's stunning, and I'm unspeakably grateful.
I hope to have more time to write soon..and pictures, too. :)
Thanks again to everyone for your support as our new family settles in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm happy to see a post from you. What great memories to have. Hope there are many many many more to come.
Happy Marriage!
Being a step-mom is a very very special role to have. I know you'll be great at it!
Post a Comment