
This month Ginger has been having a hard time with preschool .. couldn't figure why she was not liking it, but the mere mention of going would cause her to cry lately.. finally the other day it came out that she doesn't like it because "the rest time is TOO long", and worse, because 'Biff' hits her in the back when the teacher isn't looking and calls her names. grrrr....
We walked into the classroom yesterday morning to be greeted by the sneering voice of Biff yelling from across the room,"I hate your dino hat Ginger!"..(she was wearing this insanely cute green spiked dinosaur hat)..and it took all my restraint not to turn into a dinosaur and roar him around the room..then I remembered that he's four yrs old and that moms can get in trouble for turning into dinosaurs at preschools. And that one day I might find out it's *my* kid terrorizing the class.
So I let the teacher know she was having a hard time and as I was talking to her another mom walked by and said, "yeah! my kid said Biff hits him and calls him stupid too!" and the teacher said she'd keep an eye on it.
At the end of the day a worried/hopeful Katie went to pick up Ginger. We spotted her green dino head over by the tree in the play yard and to my surprise she flew into my arms all smiles, talking about her great day. She paused to cheerily call out, "Bye Biff!"
OK, I thought. This is better.
"So Ginger, did you have fun at school today?", I asked.
"Oh YES! It was just fine! And you know what? Every time that Biff said something mean to me the teachers made him say something nice - so by the end of the day, I had LOTS of compliments."
And she trotted to the car, dino spikes bouncing.




4 comments:
cute.
I wish that in grown-up land the mean people had to say or do a nice thing for every mean thing that they said or did.
life would be nicer then
I am glad that Ginger had a great day at preschool, and hope that she continues to.
I must say though, that Biff's parents had to realize that by choosing such a name was asking for the school bully to be theirs, as Biff is known to be a bully name.
Mandie,
I wish that, too.
:)
Tara,
'Biff' seemed a fitting substitute while still protecting anonymity.
:)
And Ginger reported another good day, which is a relief.
Hey Katie--
I know that you don't know who I am, but I could not help but comment here. My husband Chris graduated with Angela. Daniel also did our wedding ceremony for us. He is a really terrific guy! Anyways, this post was so cute! I really enjoyed it. I cannot wait to have kids someday soon!! You seemed to have been blessed with some really great girls. =)
Post a Comment