When I moved here, one of the first purchases I made was an inflatable mattress. I think it was around thirty dollars, and time proved the money to be well spent.
Since September, this mattress has been slept on, sat on, jumped on, and stood on by all of us(though most of the jumping/standing was carried out by a pair of mischievous preschoolers)... even the family dog has occasionally been caught trying to grab a nap with my electric blanket.
The bed never complained - to the contrary, it provided a consistently comfortable, stable(though a bit creaky) haven at each day's end..
So here I am, watching this faithful air-filled nest of coziness rapidly deflate. I don't know what happened to cause the massive leak whose source I cannot find..
It would be pointless to get upset - this mattress has done it's job, earned it's keep, surpassed reasonable life expectancy.
So I watch it sinking toward the floor....hm. I think I'll sleep on it anyway. I'm sure I'll wake up with the bamboo rug two inches from my face, and I may or may not be required to find another bed tomorrow..
But for tonight, sleep is more important than comfort. I'll just pretend I'm camping again.
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Aww... I 'm so sorry about your bed.
Hey are going to be at the film festival in Saugatuck this week?
Post a Comment