Wednesday, April 26, 2006

where will you lay your head April 29th?



If you've never heard of Invisible Children, please click on this link. If you don't know about the Global Night Commute, there is still time to get involved here. It is happening this Saturday, April 29th, in cities across the globe.
Probably in one close to you - whether or not you can make it to this demonstration, I urge you to become familiar with the longest running war in Africa and it's devastating effects on countless children. It needs the world's attention. I know that more often than I'd like to admit, I shut down when I hear stuff like this. I withdraw and look away, because the pain going on in this world is just so huge. There are far too many tragic conflicts, starving children, threats of disease and war. If I hear of one more heartbreaking situation, my heart might...break. It is so hard to pursue knowledge of such immense suffering.
But I don't want to live insulated by the comfort of ignorance. I keep screwing it up and retreating into my tiny corner of experience, but I am prying my hands off from my eyes again(and will have to many more times).
For the sake of these children, please join me in looking at this crisis. Really looking.


2 comments:

mar-mar said...

not sure...there are a bunch of people doing it, but i am overwhelmed, overcommitted, and trying to wrap up the end of the semester...miss you

mar-mar said...

it was wonderful talking to you the other day! i turned in two huge papers today...almost done!