Willow just shouted from the other room:
2 + 1 is 3!
And 5+5 is actually 10!!
And 2+2 is....4!
I asked her when she started learning math.
She said,"Today".
I asked her how she was learning, and she replied that her toy is teaching her.
Her toy is speaking spanish.
My five year old daughter is *learning math* from a spanish-speaking toy.
As I recall, I didn't even do very well learning math from highly skilled math teachers in high school.
Who spoke english.
Maybe I should try playing with the magic toy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Hey, when you're done with the magic toy, can I play with it? My math skills suck. BTW, I like your blog.
thanks. :) stop by often..
i talked to w and g on the phone and it was quite enjoyable...heard about the plane
so...i was going to be shooting this saturday, but that was cancelled, so the chances of me meeting you for lunch are quite good...however, the 16 i will be working hard on the beach in the bahamas...let me know for sure if you are coming, and we can figure out a place to meet...can't wait to see you!!!!love ya
mar,
yes :) , i'm coming for sure..would have to meet at union station since i have no transportation while i'm there, and have to be back on the train in a few hours..do you know of a good place withinm it that i could meet you? email me by clicking my profile if you want, or call my mom's..i'm so happy you're actually going to the bahamas!
Post a Comment