Thursday, January 05, 2006

January fourth, 2001..
I thought I loved things before she came..I remember the first moment I saw her, as she was being born..she turned her head and looked straight into my eyes, and I was stricken with something that can't ever be reversed or diminished..by nature or struggle or death or time..and for five years I've watched her changing, becoming..
I want her to surpass me in every way..in some ways she already does..
Her eyes have always pulled me in; their strange hue of gray-green is slowly transforming as she grows..they're beautiful and arresting, openly questioning..but I think the reason they're the part of her I see most clearly in my mind is that first moment..in a room full of people, when she looked at me. I've just never been the same.
I let her choose anything in the world that she wanted for her Birthday Breakfast this morning. She thought for a second, before deciding "cereal first, then cake."
Willow, being your mom is one of my favorite things about being alive..

No comments: