
All week I've been crawling the walls because I hate not being there to DO something..watching the news tonight I just wept so deeply for each person I saw - I started out determined to remember names as they were mentioned, but there were so many..the only one that has stuck in my memory is Hayden, a premature infant stranded at the hospital where the brave nurses and doctors struggle to keep the NICU babies alive.
I just didn't have any words to say in the face of something so overwhelming, and tonight I am *very* grateful that the Spirit intercedes for when we don't know what to say. My heart is wide open in one wordless bleeding prayer for everyone suffering.
(taken from a comment on a friends blog, because I didn't have the right words today..)




5 comments:
you've always had a tender heart Katie... I've appreciated that about you!
Katie,
I too am racking my brain on how I could be there to help. Zane said he wants to help build houses for the people who had their homes "crashed" Perhaps I can bring my family there in the future when the rebuilding phase begins to help. I wish I could be there now though!
thanks eric..
:)
amy, i think zane has the right idea..i also hope our family can help with the rebuilding in some way.
Those stories of NICU babies especially tear at my heart since our baby Emma was in the NICU for 9 days after she was born. It was a nerve wracking time enough, I can't even imagine how terrifying it must be if your premature baby is suddenly caught in the worst natural disaster in US history.
As for what we can do, I'd love to see every church that has the money to spare and space in their building send a bus to New Orleans, bring people out of there, and house and feed them in their church building till they can figure out what to do.
gandalf, right on. i think you're absolutely right..i can't think of a better use for church buildings than to be a literal haven for desperate people.
Post a Comment