Sunday, July 10, 2005
What is your reaction to this?
I Was Right(it happened many times)
as a Catholic... I was right
when I became a Jehovah's Witness... I was right.
when I "got saved"... I was right.
as a Pentecostal... I was right.
when I became a charismatic... I was right.
when I joined the local Baptist church... I was right.
in all of the arguments with my boss, my wife and various motorists... I was right.
when I volunteered to help re-elect Bush 41... I was right.
as a Republican... I was right.
as the parent... I was right.
even now... I am right.
it's funny how often I was right and yet ruined so many relationships.
I now think, the only time I'm right is when I model Jesus and value people over my ideas,
my theology,
my preferences,
my political views
and even <>>gulp<<> me.
Thanks to author Octavio Martinez for allowing me to use this...lots of interesting conversations happening over at his xanga site...click on the title of this post or the link below to check it out..
www.xanga.com/ocmartinez
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
this time he's right for sure...
i wonder if sometimes we deconstruct ourselves so quickly that we overdo it? maybe some of the things we think we were wrong about, we'll someday decide we really were right about.
Dave,
your comment has me thinking about how we're always in process..whether it's deconstructing, re - constructing, or deconstructing again! I just hope that people see Christ in me, in the process.
I think I'm a simplifying phase, peeling away layers of what doesn't really matter..but trying to be careful not to let the good fall off with the useless..
correction: *in* a simplifying phase..
Post a Comment