as i was reading today's prayer at sacred space, i was remembering the times when i've been part of groups where god's presence was most sweetly felt..deco tec, the youth organization justin & i used to work with; center lake bible camp; times of prayer with family & close friends..
i miss those times, but it's not just that i wish i could revisit or recreate decotec or center lake..it's what they all had in common that I wish to recapture. Each of those settings was marked by an atmosphere of unconditional acceptance. Everyone was accepted no matter what..
why don't we experience god's presence sweetly in our worship services more? is it because our gatherings aren't places where everyone finds unconditional acceptance? is it possible that the movement of god's spirit is terribly hindered by the measurements and qualifications we place on each other?
what would happen to our worship services if we could learn to accept everyone there, regardless of whether they see the world the way that we do? and why is that so hard to do?
hm...
">Link
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Yes That sounds great!
Oh Wait, I'm you.
I love you, or me or whoever you are to me:)
I bet you couldn't see that coming. I do love you, you are the sweetest wife I have ever had. Thank you for being patient with me and loving me like you do.
Post a Comment