
It was a fun show, a challenging show, a chaotic whirl. We closed on Saturday, and I know we were all ready to be done..
The picture above doesn't show me(hey - it's a party..I'm probably by the snack bar), but most of the cast is visible.
Sarah has the blue dress in the center, Kelly is in the dark suit, and Doug lights up the stage in a white flash. In the back with the beard is Roger, who I have gotten to know and love after doing a couple of shows together. These are just a few of the people who are a huge part of why I'm active in community theater. I love connecting with people who I would otherwise never meet, a vast spectrum of personalities brought together by a common passion.
Tomorrow or Wednesday I go to Detroit for another project, then a break until Aug. 15 when rehearsals for Camelot start (this will be a beautiful show & I'm so excited about being involved!)..this is my first show with the Civic: lots of challenge(I'm not a dancer yet), a director I respect(I took a comedy workshop with him last year), lots to learn, and a whole new group of people to love!
www.ppvp.org




5 comments:
You did an awesome job in your BIG role. I am so proud of the way you are pressing forward to become who God created you to be. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the experience. Praying for you while you are away. love you.
i posted...
just letting you know. I hear that is what you're supposed to do on these comment things.
Just kidding. We are so sad we didn't get to come see you in the BIG show. (Ha, Ha - you get it: "Big Show")
Love you lots - curses on the onions!
Katie Rose - Did you know that when you do a search of "Anti-Onion Society" on yahoo! the first listing is www.macidol.com/jamroom bands/769/music.php and then the next six are either your blog or your postings to other peoples blogs? You should try the link above - it goes to the Anti-Onion Society Music Label's Anti-Onion Album by beetle. There are four songs you can download. Love and miss you guys - say hi to Justin and give Willow & Ginger hugs and kisses from us.
trekker,
thanks. now i'm back..and you cleaned the house, took care of the kids, fought a losing battle with a soiled diaper, created a new budget, got one step closer to assessing how broken our car really is, and still found time to post a sweet comment on my vacant blog.
that's romantic.
Rhino..
it's ok that you couldn't catch this show..Camelot swift approaches, carrying with it the promise of Indian food and redemption..
and thanks - you gave me an idea for a stellar post.
Onions be cursed!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
Uncle Keith,
I had no idea I was so high on the Google Food chain..although I'm sure it's just due to the unusual phrase and not the level of activity on this site!
I haven't checked out the link yet but I will.
Thanks for your gracious response to my fit of jealousy over at Ang's blog! ;)
Love all of you!
Post a Comment