Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Role Call

Lately I've been wondering how many of you still read this blog. If you don't mind identifying yourselves, could you please leave a comment on this post? Everyone is welcome here, so don't feel funny about announcing yourself - I would love for this blog to be a place that all the people from different areas of my life could meet and intersect with each other, in ways that our daily lives wouldn't normally allow.
This blog started as a way for me to think out loud about my struggles with anxiety disorder and evolved from there into what it is now...whatever it is! I'd like to know if you're a regular or occasional reader, and if you have suggestions for improvement. Thanks!
">Link

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

the moron reads this blog regularly with great anticipation

Ang said...

I read the anti-onion society whenever I am on line.
:)
love you,
ang

Ang said...

however...
just because i haven't posted in about a month, doesn't mean you can steal my blog design!

David Rudd said...

i read it religiously. does justin blog?

Anonymous said...

I'm here...

Anonymous said...

I read it... But what's with the mysterious hyperlinks to no place?

Ryan said...

I love your blog Ang! Ur, um Katie... I get lost in these blogs now since they all look the same. If I may mention... I was the first to have this background and then my wife stole it, forcing me to change mine... and now my cousin. Irish Dave, are you next?

Kate Rudd said...

Larry Bird..Welcome!
--
Moron..thanks for introducing me to Larry. :)
--
Ang..I love you, too! I stole your template in the vain hope that the links list code would finally work(I'm still doing something wrong)since it worked on yours.
--
Daverudd..ditto. I am enjoying your thoughts lately, thinking quite a bit today about the rubix cube analogy. Justin=blogging as Ryan=blogging, but here's his site anyway( m8ice.blogspot.com)
--
Round Head.. dad? I can't get rid of the phantom links - if you know how please help me!
--
Ryan..see above reply to Ang + nice picture - how do I do that?
--
Anonymous..you belong here! :) Thanks for reading!

Ang said...

Katie,
to put a picture in your profile, and comments. You need to get an account with photo bucket or some such photo hosting site.
There are links to some of these on your blogger account.
To put links on your page, go to the Template page of your blog, scroll down until you see
MainOrArchivePage
h2 class="sidebar-title"
then, copy and paste the address of the link you want to create and put it in place of the link that is already there. You can also choose what you want to call the link.
for example, your link on my page looks sort-of like this (though this comment wouldn't post until I edited out some of the computer lingo):

li>Cousin Katieli

Anonymous said...

I randomly got here... mwahahaha!

Kate Rudd said...

Ang, this is what I've done and it's not working. I don't know what I'm doing wrong!
/* Sidebar Content
class="sidebar-title"..links..h2>
ul
..li..a href="http://www.sytekdavies.com">My Favorite Musicians..a..li>
I have added '...' to replace code stuff, but you get the idea?

Redbaerd said...

Well obviously I'm the last Rudd to log in and claim readership...but not because I don't read every last word...just because i'm the diasporic rudd.

i can't figure out from your conversation with ang what your particular struggle with linking is -- but i'd be happy to try to diagnose. I think you took the troublesome links down tho?

Try going to a site where the links work, select "View Source" from the pull down VIEW menu and then cut and copy bits of theirs into yours. Play until you get it.

The problem with swapping code in a comment thread is that the HTML converts all the brackets incorrectly....

Anyway. Love reading!

Kate Rudd said...

Redbaerd,
thanks for your help - what I am trying to do is get a column of links to the blogs I read. I can't effect any change from the googlenews and editme default links on my template, despite the fact that I have tried following the instructions on bloggerhelp. In fact, no matter what code I type it seems to change nothing.
And also, thanks for reading. I'm glad you're here!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kids,
Better late than never! I do read--mostly hit and run, though.

trekker said...

I'm here...
yes dave, I blog... sometimes!