You need to click the title of this post, read about this short film, and then see it. I was at a screening of it tonight in LA at the Mayan, and it is amazing - it was nominated for an Academy Award and is having transformational impact on people - actually touching people and provoking questions on a deep level. It's beautiful.
I got a chance to meet one of the filmmakers who is also an actor(you know him as the 'bad' kid in the first Karate Kid...the one who Daniel fights in the tournament!), and he had such encouraging words for me. He's a follower of Christ and had a lot of wisdom to offer about how to serve God through acting. The Origins conference is beyond any expectations I had...Mosaic doesn't just *use* the arts as a style tool to enhance their services; they truly speak the language of creatives - and so well that artists are flocking there, dancers are flooding the stage, the creativity converging there is staggering.
I'm so tired -in Michigan it would be 3am right now, so I'm off to bed - more thoughts coming soon!
Love from LA to all of you!
">Link
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Sorry the link didn't work - I fixed it and it works now.
Mom, don't overthink the magnet - I just knew it would make you smile!
;)
i would love to see this movie. even in the very short trailer, the imagery and the music looks beautiful. I'd like to know the story.
how did the audition go?
enjoy L.A. lucky girl!
love you!
ang
Post a Comment