Thursday, March 17, 2005

Beaming, Bruised

Tonight we spent two hours choreographing a fight scene, which I was dreading. I've never done any kind of stage combat at all , and was so afraid of 1)not being able to convey convincing enough rage against another person, and 2)accidentally hurting someone or getting hurt myself..
But, surprisingly, it was fun. And I *could* summon the appropriate appearance of rage, and I *didn't* hurt anyone(I slapped another woman at least ten times tonight, definitely a first for me), but I did get a bit hurt myself. Nothing serious, just swollen wrists and bruised knees, which I think is faring pretty well considering the intensity of the combat scene, and the fact that the person I'm fighting is a man who far exceeds me in size and strength!
The best part about tonight was that the cast finally seemed to relax and loosen up with each other (nothing like rolling on the floor clawing at each others faces to break the ice!)
;-)
Also, Mary's home safe from Turkey - we haven't talked yet, but I'm sure her blog will have a good summary of her time there soon...


www.marmarllama.blogspot.com

5 comments:

mar-mar said...

hey sister! I miss you so much, but i am coming home soon and can tell you all about my trip! I have lots of video footage and pictures...i am also bringing some friends home with me-help me think of fun things to do with them..horseback riding one day...anything good playing at the strand? if you want give me a call sometime this week-or i will just see you on friday...
right now i am sitting in the coffee house where my new job is and am loving it. tell willow, ginger, and justin how much i love them and can't wait to see them

Kate Rudd said...

1)- Mom, it is a wonderful stress reliever..the best one I could possibly have at present. No, the kids will not see the show(although it's funny, it's also very physical which may frighten them and 'mommy' says "damn" once, which doesn't need to be quoted at preschool)
And , yes, they do understand that I'm "in a show", but probably think it's the same as the living room venue they use every day, except that it takes me away for practices at night...they can see the tape when they're older.
2)- mar-mar,
I can't wait! Which friends? This weekend is supposed to be spring-like; I'll try to think of good ideas(my favorite lately is simple: long walks)
Love you both immeasurably.

mar-mar said...

hey,
i am bringing 4 friends with me-2 guys and 2 girls...i think on saturday we will go horseback riding, hang out-maybe watch a movie and have a bunch of people over...friday night some of us may go to the passion...
we actually aren't even sure how we are getting home yet...we don't have a car or ride-but there are a few possibilites...
i love you
marmar

Anonymous said...

Hey, the antionion society has been without a post for quite some time now.

I think you need to come to grips with the fact that you have developed a readership outside of your own family.

I begin reading the antionion chronicles while working through some onion addiction issues. (It actually was not very helpful. I've found there to be very little original content on the many dangers of onion consumption)

But then I was captivated by the subversive plot lines, the tension beneath the surface, and the metaphoric angst.

Blogging is both a privilege and a responsibility. The Antionionites need their fix. Let's get with the program!

-Anonymous Muskegon Clergy

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. you would think that 'Anonymous Muskegon Clergy' would make your identity obvious, but i've only got you narrowed down to about six people...
I think the writing style points to a certain family with a high rate of pastoral activity, but one can't be sure...
Help me out here:
Are you clergy who built a plexiglass house for their drummer? Or clergy with vague memories of a chronicly(sp?) tardy student? Or clergy who should be in sales instead of purchasing?
Whoever you are, your point is well taken & thanks for posting!
-Anonymous Blog Author