Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Snowpants and swimmysuits

Sunday night when we were driving back to the clinic, Willow chatted with Grandma Corbin on the cell phone. Let me preface the following by saying it's a paraphrase and some content may be inappropriate for adults who read too much into things:
"You could come with us, Grandma! Next time you come when you get here we can climb that mountain with Mommy and Daddy and Ginger."

Pause.
"We can wear swimmysuits!"
Pause.
"And snowpants-we'll wear snowpants,too..."
Pause.
"And we'll take our big girl panties off ( I'm really hoping she means so that we can put *on* our swimsuits here, but with a four yr old, who knows?) to climb that cold snow mountain!"

Pause.

"That will be pretty cool, huh?"

You never know exactly what kids are going to say, and even if you did, a lot is lost in translation...


Tonight upon arriving home, we decided to surprise the girls with a sledding-by-moonlight treat...We had much fun cruising down the hill(willow solo & loving it);trying to keep our dog Paisley in the sled all the way to the bottom was a challenge that both Justin & I tackled several times, amid flailing protest. Ginger liked her first sledding trip so much that after a few times, she learned how to inch herself forward towards the slope, trying to go down alone! Mom's not quite ready for that kind of adventure, so we went down together instead. No sooner would we slide to a stop than she would start begging,"Moe, Mommy! Hun, Hun!!"(fun)
Hours later, the girls are happily sleeping and Justin is climbing in his cave in the basement...and I am still wearing slightly damp Patagonia fleece pants, just now realizing that I've been ignoring the discomfort in order to prevent having to get up from my little nest on the couch. I have been telling myself they'll dry, but that calm inner voice has just turned into a whine..........
Now that I'm all set in my favorite pj's, I have decided there's nothing more to say
except
it's good to be home - and I hope this night is as peaceful for you and those you love.



">Link


No comments: